Risks Involved in
Offshore Software Development Outsourcing
- Misunderstanding can arise between the vendor and the
the discussion regarding the software application is not based on the
- Misunderstandings may also arise, if the vendor
representative and the client are not close to each other, as it is
virtually impossible to explain all the finer details during the course
of the conversation/discussion.
- The possibility of cultural clashes cannot be
difference in the time zones between that of the vendor and that of the
client could be yet another barrier. Mutual adjustments have to be made
in such situations.
Elimination of risks in software development outsourcing
Good Communicazion makes the difference. This starts
with clear and complete initial documents (RfP, proposal, contract) and
continues during the whole project.
Before offshore software outsourcing, the client and vendor should meet for an intensive discussion, stating:
- The original objectives and proposed solutions
- Organization and method of the project
- Comparison of estimates and actual results
- Successful aspects of the software application
- Problems involved and suggestions to avoid them in
- The guidelines for software development outsourcing,
documents required, risks involved, etc.